Thriller Dance Instr 2
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Saturday, 22 June 2019 03:17
- Written by administrator
- Hits: 1671
Flash Mob For Thriller
Be warned! At any time or any place, you will hear this famous song by Michael Jackson. When you do be ready!!! You only have a few minutes to get into place.
(remember we are old so we won’t be doing the whole song)
(after in place start music over)
1. Walk on place with heavy feet to the count of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
2. Walk in place like in step 1, except this time nod head to right shoulder on the counts of 1,5,7
3. Turn body to left. Left arm out straight and right arm down slightly back, head is facing front. Step forward and rolling hips like (in a saddle) and nodding head with each count: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
4. Side steps to the left, arms like claws swim with steps: Step 1,2 feet together head nod, and step 3: step 4 feet together and head nod. Turn to right and repeat. (repeat number 5 again).
5. Turn to front: while wobbling your head facing front step right 1, 2 steps left 3.4. Clap over head on 4. (repeat steps 3 & 4 facing right)
Count 1 step facing front count 2 bring right foot up and clap over head. Repeat number 4 going left.
6. Step out with left foot leaving right foot in place (1). Wiggle shoulders sliding right foot toward left foot (2,3)Stomp right foot next to left foot while stopping right foot. Clap hands over head (4)
7. Zombie Walk: Side stepping to right and right hand bend at elbor and hands like a claw, left arm the same but not as high as right. Step right 1,2.
The Switch: (This goes quickly). Arms in the same position, pivot switch left (3), then switch right (4) then switch left (5) again. Now you are ready to repeat Zombie Walk going left. Walk left (6.7) repeat The Switch going left.
8. Face front weight on both legs, slightly apart, shift weight to left foot while wiggling your hips and head. Then drag right leg to left. When feet are together do a ½ standing in place jumping jack stand (left arm out and right foot out). Repeat going left.
9. Walk bent over, hands on knees. Starting with left foot walk away from audience, count 1,2,3,4 on 5 stand and clap overhead. Repeat walking back toward audience.
10. Bend over at waist, shuffle left foot around right in a half circle. Hold your hip like an old person with arthritis. Do this to the count of 1,2,3,4. You should be facing away from audience. With body still bent, stop and look over your right shoulder on 5, back on 6. Repeat going back to front count of 1,2,3,4.
I choreographed this dance by using these two You Tube Videos, this will give you a visual of what it should look like: Just copy and paste only your internet home page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFEu2vd0nPk&t=149s (steps 1,2,3,4 & 8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp0G8gn-R6o&t=126s (steps 5, 6,7 & 9)
*This will take some practice. Do it with friends and your chapter. It is easier than it looks and fairly quick to learn.